Thursday 16 May 2013

Absence makes the heart grow... something.

Hey there readers!

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in over 3 weeks! If you follow me on Twitter or know me in real life, you'll know this has been a very busy time for me. Kris and I finally made the first step in our plan to move back to Glasgow and started applying for jobs. Me being over-cautious, I applied for any and every job I thought I could do within a 20 mile radius of Glasgow's boundaries. This resulted in me trying to squeeze 7 job interviews over 2 weeks, sometimes with 2 a day.

However my persistence has paid off, as I have just accepted a job working for the charity Quarrier's who support families in difficult circumstances or who have a family member with disabilities! I'll be working mainly with adults in supported living services, and although I'm pretty gutted to be leaving Scottish Autism, I'm looking forward to the challenges and excitement a new job presents. If you want to find out more about the work of Quarriers, then click here.


Kris has also been offered his old job back at the cinema, which is awesome because he loved working there. The only thing holding us back now is waiting for my start date, which will take a while since they need to check my references and to get my CRB check (i.e. check I'm not a criminal - I'm not incidentally.) completed, which always takes forever! But at least it's a step in the West direction.

It does mean though that my posts will still be a little sporadic for the time being. I'll try to be more proactive in posting here, but please bear with me and don't judge me too much, haha! :P

Lots of love to you all and thanks for staying with me!

Christina xo

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for the job!
    Real life always takes precedence over blogging, I hope everything goes smoothly for you with moving back to Glasgow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Ah I wish it was, at the moment I'm still waiting for a start date for new job so can't hand in notice at the old one, so flat-hunting is on hold and now there's a buying vs renting debate, waaaaah. Would love it if someone else could sort all this and I could just sit back with a gin :P

      xx

      Delete