Tuesday 26 March 2013

100 Day Spending Ban - Week 12

Hey spending ban fans!

We're on week 12 already, and there's only a week and a half until the 100 day spending ban ends (it SHOULD end around 10/11th April) for most. However, I've made the decision to EXTEND my ban until the end of May. I can hear many make-up fans screaming: "Noo! You mad-woman! Why would you torture yourself this way??!" Well let me explain:

Reason 1: I haven't been very good at this spending ban. I've splurged a few times on products that many would rightly argue were unneccessary, such as the time I bought 4 copies of Glamour to obtain all 4 Percy and Reed hair samples and buying the Marks & Spencer blusher when I was treating my mum for her birthday. To that end, I want to extend the ban so that I can become better at controlling my spending.




Reason 2: I've noticed that, this month in particular, I've had more money left at the end of the month to spend, which is obviously great. At the moment though, I'm trying to put as much of that spare cash as possible towards our move back to Glasgow (which will hopefully be soon!). My thinking is that by extending the ban, I'm giving myself a better chance to save more money for moving home.


Reason 3: This ban has really taught me to value the products I use and I've become less prone to buying unnecessary items when I have products at home I could use. I've also come to place more value on product quality than price. For example I'm more concerned with buying something of a high quality that works well for me rather than worrying about the price, particularly when it comes to skincare and bases. I'd rather spend a bit more on skincare that helps my skin than buy a million products that do nothing for me, since it becomes more cost effective in the long run. I'm hoping that by extending the ban for another 5/6 weeks that I will become better when I spend money in general and will learn more lessons such as this.

In general, extending the ban is a good thing; it's proved to be a great learning curve and it will benefit me in the long run.

P.S. This week has been a good spending ban week, no purchases made at all! Yaaay!

What do you guys think? If you're doing a ban, would you consider extending it?

Christina xo

2 comments:

  1. We can do it! I'm glad I have a pal who is extending their ban too :) I think it will be almost HALF A YEAR we will have been on a spending ban, insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol we are clearly crazy, but has to be done to stop me from splurging :P

    'Mon the spending ban-ers!

    Christina xo

    ReplyDelete