Monday 18 February 2013

Products I Can't Live Without #3 - Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara

Hello, my name is Christina and I am a mascara-holic.

*Phew* Glad I got that off my chest! I have anything up to 12 mascaras at any one time, though at the moment I have less because I'm trying to work through them instead of buying new ones during my spending ban. However, there is one mascara that I always rely on and continually return to...


Max Factor False Lash Effect (FLE) Mascara (in Black-Brown). I think it was around 18 months ago that I first tried it. And ever since then I have always had a tube, either of the classic FLE or of their new formulas that they bring out from time to time (Fusion, 24-hr and at the moment I'm using Clump Defy formula).

So why is it a main-stay in my make-up collection then? Quite simply, I'm blessed with long lashes but with squat volume. Max Factor FLE provides that volume. Wearing this, I've had people commenting on my eyelashes, saying they look long enough to be fake... never sure if that's a compliment or not, but it's clearly the desired effect Max Factor were after when they created this!



For me, I have eyes that are not hooded nor small, so the large rubberised wand is fine (read: fantastic) for me, although me being me I usually blob it everywhere because I'm so clumsy! However I know for some that the wand is too big and causes more mess than it helps. For most formulas, this is the standard type of wand. At the moment though, the Clump Defy FLE is different...



Hopefully you'll be able to see that the wand on this is smaller with a curved and a flat edge, in order to define the lashes more without making them clump into one big mess. Unfortunately you will have to take my word for it that this works brilliantly - at the moment my face is not fit for public consumption. However, rest assured that I would not be recommending Clump Defy FLE so highly if I didn't have every faith in it. My lashes look long, fluttery and well-defined using this, and you can build up as many layers as you like without lashes looking clumpy.

I will always have a Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara of some description in my make-up collection. If you wish to add one to your collection, the range is available from most Boots and Superdrug stores and online, averaging at £10.99.

Christina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment