Monday 7 January 2013

Urban Decay - Smoked Palette

WARNING: This post contains pictures of my face. Close up. *Shudders*

UPDATE: I just noticed, this is my 50th post! Wooooo! And what a post I have for you...

You may remember (if you read my posts consistently, if you don't, why not?? :P) that for Christmas, my boyfriend Kris gave me the Urban Decay Smoked Palette. This is a palette I swooned over for months, so to finally own it was a joyous moment indeed! I literally squeaked when I opened it, that's how much I'd coveted it (and how much of a sad case I am.).



Each Smoked Palette comes in this lovely neoprene, scuba-suit-type feeling case, and is accompanied by a 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (Black), a travel sized Primer Potion and a handy little look book, which contains tutorials on how to use the shades to create different smoky-eyed looks.







The shades are, in order from L-R then top-bottom:
  • Kinky – Light natural peach with a matte finish.
  • Freestyle – Medium tan with a matte finish.
  • Mushroom – Warm grey shimmer with taupe undertones.
  • Backdoor – Matte dark brown.
  • Blackout – Matte blackest black.
  • Barlust – Metallic deep golden brown.
  • Rockstar – Deep purple shimmer.
  • Evidence – Navy blue shimmer.
  • Loaded – Deep metallic emerald green.
  • Asphalt – Shimmering gunmetal grey.
Sorry, I forgot to watch the eye pencil. Suffice to say it's extremely good quality; it is light, creamy, applies well, and comes in Perversion (black). So far I've only tried some light smokiness with this, but in the spirit of full reviewing, I tried one of the looks from the little tutorial guide. I went for a look titled: "Iconic with Colour."





Yeah it doesn't look much like the book, but I tried!! I do like the way it turned out though; smoky but subtle enough it doesn't look terrifying against my pale visage. I used Kinky, Freestyle, Loaded and Backdoor to create this look. Let me know what you think of the look!

Overall, I am so impressed with this palette. This is my first piece from Urban Decay, and it appears their eye products are of a very high quality, in keeping with the hype that surrounds them. I would definitely buy more products from their range. Not right now though, I am determined to stick to this no-buy come hell or high water! I think you can still buy the Smoked Palette online from a number of retailers, including Beauty Bay and House of Fraser.

Do you own/want to own the Smoked Palette? Any Urban Decay recommendations for me?

Christina xo

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this palette, you could create so many different looks. The purple shadow you used brings out your green eyes so much!

    http://absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, I think that's the flash playing games, it's a green and a brown (though it really does look purple, weird!)

      I think this'll end up being a go-to product, you can create your own looks or use the ones in the little booklet, either way it's so versatile! :) xx

      Delete