Friday 6 July 2012

Foolin' around...


On my days off, sometimes I like to have a play with some of my make-up, experimenting with new and old products, all to find out what suits me, what looks good etc...

Today I did have an agenda though. Tomorrow night I'm going out for a work friend's birthday in Edinburgh, so I thought I'd have a play with colour, since I'm going to be wearing a colourful outfit, I thought I could also reflect this on my face. I love blue so I went for blue pencil liner, overlayed with blue glitter eyeliner (both by MUA) , with a pale gold shadow over the majority of the lid, with a little blue at the outer corners (though you can't see this in the pic sadly.) Both eyeshadows came from the Sleek Original Palette, a palette I really like and should use more often! I also lined along the waterline and lower lash line with my MUA blue pencil liner. For the lips, I bought my 1st MAC lippie at the weekend, a gorgeous coral shade, so I thought I'd try this with blue eyes! (P.S. the mascara is a Yves Rocher Sexy Plump sample, with a touch of MAC Zoom Lashes over the top)


Pretty no? I was worried that putting emphasis on both eyes and lips would make me look very heavily made up, but this seems to work :) It also goes with my dress, so that's tomorrow's night out face sorted! Will post a picture of the whole ensemble at some point if you like...

Next experiment: While constructing the above look, I had all my Sleek palettes out, and I realised that I haven't used my PPQ palette very much, so I decided to experiment with some of the matte shades from this palette to see how I got on. (Also while I was playing, Sleek gave me a Follow Friday on Twitter so as a sign of appreciation, I thought I'd have some more fun with their palettes! P.S. Sleek, if you're reading this, I would looooove one of your new Olympic Pride, Honour and Glory palettes, pretty please? :P)








 I kinda suit a smokey eye, yeah? I used the taupe/grey matte, burgundy matte and the black matte (can never remember the shade names) from the Sleek PPQ palette, with a tiny hint of MAC club over the burgundy in the middle of my eye, with Bourjois Kohl in Gris Ingenieux on the waterline and Chanel Illusions D'Ombre in Mirifique as a liner along both lash lines. Apologies for the ghost face BTW, this was the better light for seeing the eyes.


Please let me know what you think! Christina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment